Batteries vs. Generators for Home Power Backup
Fortunately, these days there are dozens of backup power options are available to choose from when the power goes out – including propane, diesel, natural gas-powered generators, and solar battery systems. When you find the right fit for your home during the power out, you get the peace of mind that comes with knowing your household will keep running.
Here at Usha Solar, Solar System Manufacturers in India, have helped thousands of house and business owners turn to solar and battery backup, so we know a thing or two about the value of a good backup system. In this blog, we’ll discuss the basic differences between solar battery backup systems and generators and help you decide which is right for you. Let’s dive in!
What is a Generator?
Generators and solar battery systems both provide power backup in the event of an outage, but the way they do it is very different. Generators are the most familiar type of backup power systems and run on liquid propane, natural gas, or diesel. Freestanding generators are kept outside the home and are turned on manually or include sensors that detect outages and turn the generator on automatically. Despite the low upfront cost, generators require regular maintenance and generally come with small recurring costs. Generators typically need continual refuelling to run during outages. When a generator is maintained regularly, it can last for 10+ years.
Here are a few pros and cons of generator systems:
- Generators provide power backup round-the-clock, as long as they have ample fuel in supply.
- Generators come in a variety of sizes, from small portable units to whole-home systems.
- Most generators are noisy to operate.
- Even high-end generators require annual and monthly maintenance.
- Generators run on fuel which means they are not eco-friendly.
- Unattended fuel left too long in a generator can go stale, thus damaging the equipment and adding to repair costs.
- Generators create emissions during operation, thus creating an unpleasant smell and a high carbon footprint.
What is a Solar Battery Backup?
Solar System Manufacturers in India have seen a surge in the past few years. Solar battery backup systems are charged by a connection to the set-up home’s solar energy system. Solar batteries store energy produced by solar panels and save it for later purposes. Solar battery storage systems are popular among the masses because they are reliable. When the power goes down, a solar-powered battery backup system will draw energy from the batteries to power your home with no interruptions.
- Battery backup systems operate almost silently.
- When combined with solar, this system runs entirely on renewable energy, which means no dirt or pollution, and also no expensive fuels.
- Installing a battery backup system can increase the value of your home in the long run.
- Solar battery backup systems have low maintenance requirements and a long lifespan.
- These systems operate seamlessly during grid outages.
- Higher upfront cost.
- Systems have limited power capacity.
Thinking of Getting a Solar Battery Backup? We Can Help!
Looking for the Best Solar Panel Manufacturing Company in India, you have come to the right place. Now is an excellent time to invest in a solar battery backup system for your home, and Usha Solar is here to help.
Our team has years and years of experience designing battery systems and can install new battery systems or retrofit existing solar panel systems for battery backup.
Contact Leading Solar Panel Supplier in India